Kynance model is made from 100% recycled fishing nets intercepted from the ocean, and paired with polarised mineral-glass lenses, offering complete recyclability and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection. The circular frame suits both male and female small to medium faces.
- Plastic-free recyclable packaging
- 30 day hassle-free returns
- 100% recycled fishing net frames with life guarantee
- Features our signature polarised mineral glass lenses
- Free sustainable cork folding hardcase included
Our Kynance model is made from 100% recycled fishing nets intercepted from the ocean, and paired with polarised mineral-glass lenses, offering complete recyclability and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection. The circular frame suits both male and female small to medium faces.
Our Kynance frames are made in Italy and contain 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled fishing nets that were recovered and collected by hand directly from the coastline. The frames feature three barrel hinges for maximum durability. Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames components can go back into our plastic recycling loop to create new pairs. Frames come in a dark grey matte, and being 100% recycled, each pair has unique, subtle flecked patterns which allude to their origin.
Polarised Mineral Glass
We’ve paired our Kynance frames with extremely high quality, polarised, glass lenses. Whilst most of Waterhaul’s customers come for our recycled frames, the glass lenses are what sets the experience of wearing Waterhaul sunglasses truly apart and keeps customers for life. We stand by glass for three key reasons;
– Optical glass is the clearest lens-medium through which we can observe the world – no other lens material matches it’s optical clarity. The optical performance of a lens can be measured by it’s ‘Abbe Value’ – the degree to which light is dispersed when entering a lens. Mineral glass has an Abbe Value of 59, the highest of any optical lens material. Plastic lenses, like polycarbonate, have an value of 32. This clarity ensures the clearest possible perception of details, colours and contrasts.
– Exceptional scratch-resistance. The ‘Mohs hardness scale’ is a measure of the resistance of a material to scratching, expressed on a 1 – 10 scale (10 being diamond). Scratches can only occur from contact with materials with a higher Mohs value. Mineral glass has a Mohs value of 6.0. In comparison, conventional plastic lens materials such as CR39 and polycarbonate have Mohs values ranging from 3.0 – 3.2.
– Sustainability. Glass is a natural material that can be infinitely recycled in any glass-recycling collection. The most common optical lens material, CR39, is a plastic resin that is currently not recycled in Europe, despite annual CR39 lens production in the hundreds of thousands of lens pairs.
Waterhaul’s Italian made glass lenses offer full spectrum UVA and UVB protection. The lenses are fully polarised, eliminating glare from reflective surfaces of water, snow and wet roads.
Our product and packaging supply chain is free from single-use plastic – we’ve audited the full length of our supply chain and you’ll receive your new pair in hassle and harm free recycled wood-pulp packaging.
Each pair includes a free magnetic fold-flat hard case made from sustainable cork.