Waterhaul Crantock Sunglasses are made from 100% recycled polypropylene trawl nets recovered from the ocean, and paired with polarised mineral-glass lenses, offering complete sustainability and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection. The mid-sized frame suits a broad range of faces, both male and female.
Size: 50.5 – 21.5 – 136
Intercepted from oceans, Redesigned for adventure.
- Plastic-free recyclable packaging
- 30 day hassle-free returns
- 100% recycled fishing net frames with life guarantee
- Mineral glass UV400 polarised recyclable lenses
- Free sustainable cork folding hardcase included
Crantock model is made from 100% recycled polypropylene trawl nets nets, and paired with polarised mineral-glass lenses, offering complete sustainability, optical performance and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection. The mid-sized frame suits a broad range of faces, both male and female.
Italian made Crantock frames contain 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled fishing nets that were collected from European waters through end-of-life amnesty schemes and beach and dive based ghost net recoveries. The Crantock frame is made from green polypropylene trawl nets – the most abundant form of net we find on UK beaches. The frames feature five barrel hinges for maximum durability. Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames components can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs. Frames come in a dark grey matte, and being 100% recycled, each pair has unique, subtle flecked patterns which allude to their origin. Our laser logo’s reveal the green pigment from the original fishing nets.
Polarised Mineral Glass
We’ve paired our Crantock frames with extremely high quality, polarised, grey-green tint glass lenses. The glass lenses are what sets the experience of wearing Waterhaul sunglasses truly apart. Waterhaul us glass for three key reasons;
– Optical glass is the clearest lens-medium through which we can observe the world – no other lens material matches it’s optical clarity. The optical performance of a lens can be measured by it’s ‘Abbe Value’ – the degree to which light is dispersed when entering a lens. Mineral glass has an Abbe Value of 59, the highest of any optical lens material. Standard plastic lenses, like polycarbonate, have an value of 32. This clarity ensures the clearest possible perception of details, colours and contrasts.
– Exceptional scratch-resistance. The ‘Mohs hardness scale’ is a measure of the resistance of a material to scratching, expressed on a 1 – 10 scale (10 being diamond). Scratches can only occur from contact with materials with a higher Mohs value. Mineral glass has a Mohs value of 6.0. In comparison, conventional plastic lens materials such as CR39 and polycarbonate have Mohs values ranging from 3.0 – 3.2.
– Sustainability. Glass is a natural material that can be infinitely recycled in any glass-recycling collection.
Waterhaul’s Italian made glass lenses offer full spectrum UVA and UVB protection. The lenses are fully polarised, eliminating glare from reflective surfaces of water, snow and wet roads.
Product and packaging supply chain is free from single-use plastic – we’ve audited the full length of our supply chain and you’ll receive your new pair in hassle and harm free recycled wood-pulp packaging.
Each pair includes a free magnetic fold-flat hard case made from sustainable cork.